Microwave Activated Moist Heat Compress featuring patented MediBeads Technology
- A clinically proven and natural way to treat chronic dry eye, MGD and Blepharitis
- Self-hydrating – no need to add water
- Safe for frequent use
- Reusable & washable
#1 Doctor Recommended Moist Heat Compress
The innovative and clinically tested MediBeads® technology is a natural and proven way to bring relief to people suffering from:
Dry Eye Disease, Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD), Blepharitis, Chalazions, and Styes
Simply microwave for 20-25 seconds and apply for 10 minutes. The Bruder Moist Heat Eye Compress helps stabilize the tear film, improves oil gland function and slows tear evaporation.
Properly hydrated and lubricated eyes can expel bacteria and debris more efficiently so your eyes will feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Patented design for optimum conformance and comfort.
Use of a warm compress is a doctor recommended, with the “Bruder Mask” treatment is now convenient, fast acting and effective.
MediBeads may be used from the freezer for soothing cold (Not for Cold Therapy). However if you decide to use it right after for warm compress please make sure that mask is at room temperature before you microwave it. However if you need cold therapy then please click here for our cold therapy mask.
Consider adding Bruder Hygienic Eyelid Sheets to your order. These individually wrapped sheets keep compress clean and provide the benefits of lid hygiene. Box of 35.
Bruder Eye Mask Use Instructions:
- Place compress on a clean dinner plate on the rotating tray of your microwave.
- Microwave for 20 seconds. To increase heat, microwave in additional 5 second increments. Do not exceed 30 seconds.
- Always touch test before placing over eyes. If the compress feels too hot, remove immediately and wait 1-2 minutes before reapplying.
- Apply over closed eyes for 10 minutes or as prescribed by your doctor. If reused within 30 minutes, reduce heating time by half.
Bruder Eye Mask Washing Instructions:
- Wait 2 hours after use. Hand wash only in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Air dry for at least 24 hours before use.
- Wash if exposed to makeup, creams, oils, grease or food.
- If using daily, consider replacing after 6 months.
- Ensure that bruder eye mask is at room temperature before you microwave
- When microwaving, remove all shelves or trays. The rotating tray may remain.
- To keep the compress clean, place it on a dinner plate on the rotating tray.
- After treatment, you may experience some blurring in your vision. Your tear glands are releasing beneficial fluids. The blurriness will clear within a few minutes.
- Compress should not be applied tightly. May be applied without straps.
Extended Heat is Essential
Studies have proven that meibomian secretions melt at 32 – 45°C (89.6 – 113°F). It takes up to 8 minutes for heat to fully penetrate the tarsal plates and reach 40°C at the inner eyelid. The Bruder Compress effectively achieves this target by providing moist, uniform heat that maintains extended warmth for the entire 8 – 10 minute treatment.
How We Compare
Bruder Moist Heat Eye Compress
||Only the Bruder compress contains patented Medibeads®||Other compresses contain silica gel beads or grains which don’t perform to the same standard at Medibeads®|
|Heat||Medibeads® provide uniform moist heat, the most penetrating type of heat||Other materials dry out and release uneven heat which can cause hot spots that are dangerous and reduce product performance|
|Hygiene||Medibeads® are silver-infused. Incorporating silver into the bead structure ensures pure, clean, moist heat with every use, helping repel bacteria and keep eyelids clean||Other compresses can harbour bacteria that can increase the risk of infection. they also can be more difficulst to keep clean|
|Design||An ergonomic patent-pending two pod design comfortably fits all facial types with no cumbersome cover to hinder heat penetration and effectivness||One-size-fits-all compresses with cumbersome covers can impact fit and interfere with effective therapy|
|Durability||Medibeads® don’t break down with repeated use and washing. the entire compress can be washed with no impact in efficiency||Silica gel beads and grains break down with handling and washing|
|Testing||Clinical tests show the Bruder compress is effective by virtue of its design, its transfer of penetrating, moist heat, and its ability to increase patient compliance||Other compresses cannot support efficiency with the same degree of rigorous clinical test results|
The mask is much more convenient than wetting a rag, and last 8 to 10 min. Follow all directions they are right on. Would highly recommend.
Great mask to help with dry eye. Loved the extras sent with mask.
Love this mask. Perfect for after lunch nap prep. Elastic too tight so I just lay it on my eyes after warning it. Bought two for friends and family.
The eye mask is so much easier to use than trying to keep a wet washcloth warm for 10 minutes and there are no drips. My doctor said I should do it twice a day and the mask makes the treatment so much easier.
My eye doctor said I have dry eyes and in addition to advising the use of eye drops she suggested daily use of the Bruder mask. She said a hot compress does not retain the heat for long enough and the mask would be better. The mask came quickly in the mail. Instructions say to use for 8-10 minutes at a time so I began with 8 minutes after microwaving the mask, thinking "I will never be able to sit still this long!" , but I had Alexa set a timer and lay down with the best and it was the most lovely experience! I went into a zen mode and relaxed, it felt great. Instructions say that your vision is is bit blurry afterward and that is true, but it goes away quickly. Worth the money, very well-made product.